New to this site or wondering what this site can do for you?
This site provides information and links to guidance, resources, tools and blog articles focusing on helping the government implement the requirements of Section 508. Using this web site, federal employees and the public can access resources for understanding and implementing the requirements of Section 508 as they apply to the development, procurement, maintenance, or use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) products and services.
These resources are generally organized around five key objectives of major Section 508 stakeholder groups:
- Learn: All stakeholders need to understand Section 508 Law, Regulation, and Standards
- Buy: The government procurement community is responsible to ensure ICT that is acquired meets the Section 508 Standards for accessibility
- Build: The government development community is responsible to ensure that ICT developed by federal agencies meets the Section 508 Standards for accessibility
- Manage: Federal leaders are responsible to coordinate and monitor effective Section 508 programs within their agencies
- Sell: Industry ICT vendors play an important role to support Section 508 implementation by the federal government
In addition, each navigation page provides a set of useful links under the heading "I would like to...". These links are tailored for the most common tasks or information generally sought by visitors of the particular page.
Other useful resources include:
Section 508 Roles and Responsibilities: understand the various roles within agencies and associated responsibilities for Section 508 implementation
Glossary of Terms: detailed definition of many of the terms you will find used on this site
Section 508 blog: short articles on a wide variety of Section 508 topics